Been travelling for some time and starting to really feel it? If your feet are tired and you fancy a day taking in the sights without suffering, there are plenty of ways you can do so.
The fact is, you took those two summer jobs for a reason – to save up the funds for this, your trip of a lifetime. Don’t let blistered feet ruin it and instead check out some other cool ways you can check out your favourite destinations without (well, hardly anyway!) moving a muscle.
1. Take a Parisian Segway Tour – If you’re new to Paris, this is a great way to see the city. Glide around the beautiful city’s famous streets on a guided segway tour and we bet you won’t want to see Paris by foot again. Take in the experience with a group or book a private tour and see some of the European city’s best-loved tourist spots.
2. See London from an Open Top Bus – Starting from around £25 each, open top bus tours in the UK’s capital city allow you to experience London in all its glory without having to trek around it – perfect! There’s so much to see, too, from the famous Buckingham Palace, to the stunningly peaceful Thames, and the quirky areas of Shoreditch and Camden.Hop aboard a bus (you’ll spot them dotted all around the city), grab your camera and take pictures a plenty. Plus, more recently, buses in London offer an afternoon tea experience on board, too – how very British! Also look out for the city’s rickshaw drivers, who’ll pick you up from all the major tourist spots and take you anywhere you like – it’ll be a bumpy ride, but it’s fun!
3. Jump Aboard for an Amsterdam Canal Cruise – On a summer’s day, a canal cruise is the ideal way to explore Amsterdam. Visit museums like the Van Gogh Museum, or Madame Tussauds, or enjoy a cool beer at the Heineken Experience. Don’t fancy that? Simply combine your visit with a cruise through one of Amsterdam’s stunning canals, enjoy food onboard, sit back and relax.
4. Hop Aboard a San Francisco Cable Car – With tickets at around $5 (around £3) each way, San Francisco’s cable cars are the only way to see the city. There are three routes in operation, each one allowing you to discover a different area of San Francisco.One day passports (at just $13 each) enable you to see even more, and travel via bus, streetcar and cable car.
5. See the Vegas Strip via Helicopter – Las Vegas offers some stunning views by night. Book a helicopter experience from one of its on-strip vendors and enjoy the bright lights of one of the world’s most famous cities. You can even head to nearby Arizona and take in the Grand Canyon – one of the Seven Wonders of the World – during a breathtaking day trip. Do it; it’ll prove one of the best experiences of your life – and it’ll save your poor feet. Not that we expect you to discover the Canyon by foot, mind – they don’t call it ‘Grand’ for nothing!
Got any more suggestions? We’d love to hear them here at Trips 1, 2, 3 – get in touch!