Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean offers a superb selection for a luxury vacation. You will find many superb places to stay all over the island. There are beachside properties, those up in the hills, in rusty old medieval villages, accommodation close to the historic and archeological sites, and along the dramatic coastline of Cyprus. Choose from premium star category hotels, campsites, B&Bs, hostels, and some of the best Mediterranean private villas for rent.
This small island is emerging as a hot travel vacation for Europeans and others too. And for good reasons too. Cyprus might be small in size, but the island offers everything. There are many beaches, hidden coves and bays, rolling hills, forests, and a dramatic coastline. The island has a fascinating history and many ancient archeological sites, some of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
You can go on a sailing vacation, hike up in the hills, do horse riding, snorkeling, deep sea diving, and even ski in the winter. There is fantastic food, especially seafood. See the historic chapels. Learn about the culture and traditions of the villagers. In fact, many villages look like they were in the medieval times. They have stone-cut houses, cobblestoned streets, and rustic village squares.
Here are some of the best hotels and private villas for rent in Cyprus.
1.Anassa is a 5-star beachfront hotel in northwestern Cyprus along the Aphrodite Beach. Anassa means “queen” in ancient Greek language. Classical low-rise buildings give the entire compound the ambience of a village in Cyprus from the old times. There are gardens, a village square, and even a Byzantine chapel. There is also a spa, kid’s center, and all 21st century amenities that will make your stay here very comfortable. Sunbeds on the beach. Spectacular Mediterranean Sea views.
2. Amara is in south Cyprus. The 207 rooms all come with private balconies. You will get 180-degree views of the Mediterranean and the surrounding areas. The rooms have elegant and chic furnishings, and are serene and relaxing spaces. The hotel has a salon, spa, a barbershop, and a nail bar. Amara is close to the international airport and a marina, from where you can go on a half-day or full-day sailing trip. The hotel’s name also comes from an old Greek word, Amarantos, meaning “everlasting.
3. Stay in a villa in the Aphrodite Hills Golf Resort. Eslington Villa is a private luxury villa for up to 10 guests. This 5-bedroom property has a swimming pool, games area, a barbecue, Jacuzzi, and al fresco dining. There is greenery everywhere. You will be staying up in the hills, so you will have stunning views in all directions. All around the golf resort, you will find art galleries, gardens, fountains, and ponds. There are also restaurants, markets, and souvenir shops. There is a spa too, which was judged to be Europe’s best in 2008.
4. Here is another fantastic luxury villa in Cyprus. Paradise Cottage is a 5-bedroom property in historical Paphos in the western part of the island. Spread over a huge area, the garden has lavender, lemon, rosemary, and olive trees. Walk 5 minutes to reach the private beach or enjoy the stunning Mediterranean views from the terrace and balconies. Central air-conditioning inside keeps you cool in the afternoon. In early morning or late afternoon, you can be at the villa’s exclusive outdoor cinema. You can also cool down or splash around in the private infinity swimming pool. The archeological and historical sites of Paphos are close.
5. Almyra is a sea-facing modern resort with landscaped gardens. Spread over 8 acres, this resort offers all the modern comforts and conveniences. It is a stylish and elegant property that offers 21st century amenities like a gym, massage room, Jacuzzi, sauna, and many games like tennis, table tennis, and water sports. A great choice for families, as the kid’s club will look after the children and keep them engaged, while the parents can relax or enjoy many of the activities on offer. Historical Paphos is close. You can hire a car for a day-trip and see the archeological park, fortress, and the Paphos castle. Or you can go on a sailing trip from the nearby marina.
6. Here’s another top choice for a luxury villa in Cyprus. Villa Andreas offers 5 huge bedrooms in a secluded location. All around you will find hidden bays and rugged cliffs. Inside the villa, there is a pergola, a private swimming pool, and beautiful terraces with views. The tourist infrastructure around this villa is well developed. You will find spas, markets, restaurants, and cafes.
Want to find the finest collection of luxury villas for rent from around the world in Bali, Barbados, Thailand, Dubai, Goa, and Malta. Visit https://www.villaempire.com/.